Mission Statement and Practice Charter
- We aim to take care of our patients and at the same time look after our staff and ourselves.
- Perfect planning prevents poor performance.
The Primary Care Team aims to provide quality health services which meet the patients’ requirements. Patients have a right to:
- Prompt and courteous treatment at their appointed time, unless delays are caused by medical emergencies.
- Absolute confidentiality at all times.
- Information concerning their health, illness and treatment.
- Access to their medical records within the limits of the law.
- Information about maintenance of good health, avoidance of illness and self-treatment for minor ailments.
- Sympathetic and impartial investigation of legitimate complaints.
To help us in our aims, please:
- Treat our staff with the same courtesy and respect you expect to receive from them. Remember they are working under doctors’ orders.
- Do not be late for your appointment – please phone us if you are unable to get to the surgery for the allotted time.
- Do not ask for more than one person to be seen during an appointment, where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made.
- Come to the surgery if at all possible – we cover a large area and five or six people can be seen in the time it may take to do one home visit. Home visits should be medically justifiable.
- If you no longer require an appointment or do not wish to keep a clinic appointment sent to you by letter please contact the surgery to cancel.
- When patients are asked to give 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions, please give us this time as it is to allow for accurate prescribing.